Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Monday, February 2, 2009

Ski week

Mark and I are sitting in the sun room at the cabin with a nice warm fire burning in the stove. The snow is deep for this time of year. I have to use snowshoes to get to the woodpile. I pull a sled behind me to load up the logs and pull them up the hill to the front porch. Yesterday we skied at Breckenridge and today we went to Vail. The snow was quite good and the slopes very few people. Tonight we ate leftovers of chili garlic balsamic vinegar pork with pasta and fennel blood orange salad. We are watching the last season of Nip Tuck on DVD while we are up here. Tomorrow is my gay nephew Zac's birthday and he is driving from Oklahoma to ski with us. We went to the french bakery in Breckenridge and special ordered a chocolate cake for tomorrow when he arrives. Dwight and John may come up one day this week.

2 comments:

Larry Prater said...

What internet connection do you have in your cabin?

Carl said...

Larry I use a cell phone modem when I am at the cabin on my laptop. The cabin used to get terrible cell reception however now that a new tower was put in the coverage is good. I love reading your blog and I did read the article about Marcia. Thanks