Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Marty arrives

Today was sunny and a little warmer so I decided to ride my bike to all of my work related activities. The University has moved from near our house to the old Fitzsimmons Army base which is about 6 miles from our house. I thought I had cleverly figured out how to get from the University to my office using the bike trails. I did not count on the new construction disrupting my route. Fitzsimmons is in Aurora and I do not know the streets there very well. So, I lost my way having left my bike map at home and my 12 mile trip to work turned into an 18 mile trip. I was late for my executive management meeting. They of course are great and went right on with the meeting. I double booked meetings today so I only had time to stick my head through the door still wearing my bike gear and ask, “Do you want the short version or the long version?” They all got a good laugh out of that. I told them I had no idea there were so many ways to get lost in Aurora. The bike trails in that part of town sometimes just end without any indication of where to go next to hook into the next trail. Denver’s 168 miles of bike trails have some issues too however they have much better signage. All in all I biked 30 miles today and enjoyed it. I met the new group of 1st year medical students for the small group discussion that I teach. Each one was enthusiastic and engaged. I am looking forward to spending time with them this year. Mark and I had a simple meal tonight of lamb cooked in olives, oranges and onion, the salad was arugala, green onions and pomegranate seeds with a Viandox, balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing with red and yellow bell peppers and apples in balsamic vinegar. We paired this with a 2003 E. Guigal Saint-Joseph Cotes de Rhone. Mark’s friend since 1st grade Marty Moran a broadway actor is arriving tonight. We have saved supper for him. He did a one many play, “The Tricky Part” about his experience with childhood sexual abuse. This play won an Obie. He later wrote a book also called “The Tricky Part”. He is quite the talent and we always enjoy his visits. It is supposed to start snowing tonight after midnight and more tomorrow. Ah, Springtime in the Rockies.

No comments: