Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our cooking adventure

As many know Mark and I love to cook. We cook everyday unless something like going out to dinner gets in the way or we are traveling. So we have decided to cook a new dish everyday this year. I actually started on Monday before the new year. I made Omelet de Lyonaise which is an onion omelet topped with a white wine vinegar that you heat in the drippings from the omelet and pour on top. Tuesday I cooked Mesquite smoked chicken with roasted potatoes. I bought Mark a cold smoker for Christmas and his mother bought me a set of different woods to use in it. So I must admit that I actually used Mark's gift before he had a chance. He did of course get to eat the chicken. On Wednesday, I made carrot ginger soup and Thursday I cooked risotto with peas and prosciutto with a side dish of Brussels sprouts with a maple walnut vinaigrette.

Friday Mark and I went out to Dinner with his parents, Ann and Mike and his sister Mary with her husband Kenny and their three kids, Georgia, Julia and Brett. Since I could not cook I had a dish that I love yet have not ventured to make yet. Chioppino.

Last night Mark made a terrific meal, curried black eyed peas, chanterelle mushrooms cooked in butter shallots and garlic. The main dish was chicken thighs cooked with juniper berries. Fantastic although I think it made me dream of gin last night.

Tonight we are having Grilled rack of lamb with honey pasilla glaze, Roasted new potato salad with poblano Mayo. After a day on the slopes I can hardly wait.

No comments: