Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011 new recipe

Tonight I looked on Epicurious.com for a recipe involving steak--I wanted to make something really nice for Carl before he heads to London for a week (sigh!). Make this one! I made Grilled Lime-Curry Rubbed Hanger Steak with Fresh Melon-Cucumber Chutney. Couldn't get Hanger Steak, so I used beef flatiron top blade steak. These are cuts I don't really know, but as you can see the meat turned out perfectly. This is so tasty! We had it with oven roasted potatoes with salt and pepper, with a little Harissa Sauce to dress it.

The wine was the 2007 La Spinetta Il Nero di Casanova Toscana Sangiovese. It played nicely, as I expected, against the lime juice and salt in the marinade for the meat. It was a very nice send-off meal, though of course, I would rather we be together all week!

2 comments:

duggerjam said...

This sounds really good - I am going to try it. What do you think about a substitution for the jalepenos ? Or - just leave them out (mom does not like the heat)...
James

Mark said...

I think I would try a little bell pepper-something to get a little pepper flavor, but not hot.