Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Friday, January 23, 2009

President Obama Day 4

It has been spitting snow today. The temperature dropped dramatically this morning and the skies are overcast. I did ride my bike to work today partly because of the weather and partly because I had meetings in different places around town. I am heading home from work to water the plants before heading to Breckenridge this evening. Heading to the mountains always feels like a mini vacation and after this great week I am ready for the excitement of snowboarding. Percy our blue front Amazon Parrot misses us when we leave. Millie our Quaker Parrot seems like she could care less. At least they have each other for company when we are gone and Dwight or John feeds them and covers their cages at night. They like the comfort of a covered cage. Percy always says "night, night" when I cover his cage. Well off to the watering and packing.

1 comment:

Rebecca K. O'Connor said...

If I'm at home for extended periods of time (say 4 plus days), my grey starts to say "see you later, alligator" rather insistantly. I've often thought he actually prefers that our relationship revolve around me coming and going. It is a little more enriching than having me as never-ending company, I suppose.

Enjoy your birds!!


Rebecca
www.heckledbyparrots.com