Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Friday, January 16, 2009

Beautiful Day by the Confluence

Colorado can surprise you with warm days in the middle of winter and today was blue skies with temperatures in the high 50s. I dropped my car at the garage since the engine light was on and took the bus to the REI Flagship store at the confluence of the Platte River and Cherry Creek. This is were Denver began 150 years ago. Jamiee Van Leeuwen who is the head of Denver's Road Home was going to meet me at the Starbucks there but he had car trouble. My next meeting was a conference call with folks around the country that I made while sitting by the river. Most of the others on the call were in the deep freeze that is covering most of the US. Wen chocolatier is nearby so I could not resist their hand made truffles. I will surprise Mark with them tonight. We are heading to the mountains to ski as soon as he gets home and we eat a bite. His clinic is running late so it gave me time to water the orchids and the poinsettias. I have all the gear and food ready to load in the car when he gets here. My last meeting of the day was with Dorothy Horrell the head of the Bonfils Stanton Foundation to talk about the future structure of the Livingston Fellowship. She is a gem and always such a great person to talk with. Tom Downey from the Children's Museum who is another Fellow joined us. I took them some of the chocolates too. Their office is in the old May D&F Tower. Every floor is a different office and the elevator opens right into the office. It reminds me of Dynasty or as they called the show in Germany, DenverKlan.

1 comment:

Larry Prater said...

I love your blog and am glad you are writing more regularly. Your life does sound great, chocolates and mountains and friends. Come visit when you can.