Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Monday, January 30, 2012

New recipe, January 30, 2012

Arctic Char Gravlax with White Grapefruit, from the October 2011 Bon Appétit. Served with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Pistachios from Epicurious. We used Icelandic Salmon, since Char was not available. And we used pine nuts instead of pistachios. We give the gravlax a 4, and 4 for the Brussels sprouts as well.

So I made the gravlax.  This is the point where my parents and siblings ask "who are you, and what have you done with Mark?"  We did not have a lot of really fresh fish when I was growing up, and I absolutely detest the flavor and aroma of fishy fish.  Most cooked salmon is too fishy for me.  I love salmon sushi, and it turns out I really like fresh gravlax as well.  Go figure!

Wine: Selbach 2010 Mosel Dry Riesling

No comments: