Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Monday, April 25, 2011

New recipe, April 25, 2011

Carl is off on another exciting trip--first he is taking a class at the Wharton Business School in my old haunt at the U of Penn, and then he heads to San Diego for the Annual Meeting of the National Council of Community Behavioral Health Centers. The only down side to this is that we aren't together!

This evening, I made a Warm Quinoa Salad with Edamame and Tarragon, from Eatingwell.com. After yesterday's lovely and extravagant meal, it was nice to have something a little lighter and still tasty. And this was quite nice!

I chose the Glass Mountain Chardonnay 2008 to match the tarragon and lemon juice in the salad, and it went quite well. I served the quinoa on arugula. The bitterness was a nice contrast by itself, but made the wine a bit bitter. Next time, I would choose a more neutral green to host this salad. But I would make it again!

No comments: