Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New recipe, April 26, 2011

8 more days til Carl gets back!

Tonight I made Korean Beef Stir-Fry, another offering from EatingWell.com. I know it is hard to see the beef (that is one of the beauties of the recipe!), but it is there, caressed by spinach, bean sprout, and a healthy dose of garlic, ginger, jalapeño, mirin and soy sauce. This is a lovely, spicey, energizing dish! I would do this again.

The wine was the 2009 Garnacha de Fuego. I picked it with the idea that this dish would pick up on the spicey and fruity character of the dish. That is largely true, but the subtle sweetness of the mirin (and maybe the spinach) did tend to make the wine taste a little more acidic than I expected. Ah well. EatingWell suggested a fruity Riesling, often a great match with spicey food, but I just couldn't resist trying something else. Ah well!

No comments: