Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New recipes, May 8, 2012

Both are from the June 2012 Food and Wine. First, Shrimp and Scallops with Lemony Soy--just used shrimp today. This marinade resembles teriyaki but the addition of lemon slices and jalapeño takes it to quite a higher level. Delicious, it gets a 5!!
The other is inspired by the the recipe for Grilled Kale with Garlic Chiles and Bacon. I love what smoked paprika can do for a dish, so I used it instead of bacon. I also added diced red bell pepper for color, and yellow tomatoes as a garnish. The flavors are good, I think it could have used more time on the grill, and I'd cut back a bit on the lemon juice to keep it from seeming quite as wet as it came out. It gets a 3.

Wine: Paco & Lola Rias Biaxas Albariño 2010

No comments: