Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Sunday, May 1, 2011

New recipe, May 1, 2011

3 more days til Carl gets home!

This morning I had brunch with an old friend from medical school, Lainie Friedman Ross. It was nice to see her! We were able to get a table at Rioja, in downtown Denver, where they have a very nice brunch. I enjoyed a Veloute of Spring Ramps (never had ramps, really wanted to try them) and a Duck Confit Hash.

Tonight I made spaghetti with a Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Sauce, from Sally Griffiths' Great Pasta Sauces. The sauce has some shallots, chicken stock and wine, but is mostly melted goat cheese, with prosciutto added at the end. Such a lovely aroma! I agree with the author that it would have been beautiful on green pasta (which I did not have)--the sauce is very white. In appearance it made me think of Chipped Beef, but the flavor was much better than that! It needs to be piping hot, as the cheese starts to solidify again as soon as it cools. I had an arugula salad on the side.

The wine was a 2009 Estancia Pinot Grigio, given to me by my friend and colleague Amber Bisgard. The wine was very nice, but of course I was ignoring all the advice in the world by not pairing the goat cheese with a sauvignon blanc. I still thought they went together very nicely!

No comments: