Search Our Blog, a great way to find recipes

Sunday, May 15, 2011

New recipes, May 15, 2011


Tonight, Carl made Oven Baked Chicken with Lemon Mustard Arugula Salad, from Bon Appétit. We used thighs instead of breast--wonderful flavors, beautifully moist. We enjoyed it with the 2008 Glass Mountain Chardonnay, which was a very nice match. The oakiness worked nicely with the nuttiness of the parmesan, the butteriness of the wine reflected the butter in the chicken, and the fruitiness balanced the mustard in the dish nicely.

For dessert, I made John Broening's Hazelnut Olive Oil Shortbread Cookies, from the Denver Post. Note to self: don't forget that convection is faster than a conventional oven. I managed to brown these more than I should have, but I can say that even with the browning, the flavors are excellent. I will make them again, and I will remember to watch them in the oven instead of just setting the timer.


No comments: